If you're reading this, I'm most likely dead.
Well, that's a dramatic opening and there are a few other things that may have happened...but I think that is a really cool opening sentence and I'm keeping it.
I have been thinking about the inevitability of death for a few months, and the fact that we have little control over the terms of our passing - despite our desires to live full, long, and prosperous lives. I am interested in legacy and how I will be remembered when I pass, and I wanted to keep a blog where I can help shape the narrative of my life after I am gone, and record some of my thoughts about what I think is really important.
Although I don't write that much these days, I like to write because it offers me an opportunity to reach a lot more people than I could hope to meet face-face with my thoughts. Written narratives also tend to outlast spoken narratives and memories, and can be more easily referenced - so easy choice for me to make.
While I hope I live long enough to write a few books, I don't know for sure that I will - and I am taking no chances. Over the remainder of my life, until I am certain I have written enough books to discard this blog, I will make posts here with my thoughts about life and what I think is really important. I will schedule those posts for my birthday in the next two years (e.g. in 2017 I will schedule the post for 2019), and every year that I am alive on my birthday - I will increase the posting date by another year.
A few things could go wrong with this plan. I could get into a different life phase and forget about this blog, causing the articles to post after a while. I could get thrown into jail for a significant number of years (highly improbable), and getting the password out would probably be the last thing on my mind if that happens. Or I could get caught up in the rat race and never make another post after this one... (also highly improbable).
Till I write the next post, it's bye from me - and I hope you who read this are living your life to the full.
I love you,
Koye.
Monday, 27 March 2017
Updated: 29 January 2019
No comments:
Post a Comment